This Beef tortellini soup with peas is a delicious and well-rounded meal that is perfect for cold weather or anytime you crave a comforting bowl of soup.
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 medium Carrots (sliced) or 2 cups baby carrots (sliced)
- 1 celery stick
- 2 small sweet bell pepper
- 3 liter beef broth (or chicken, veggie broth, water)
- 1 cup frozen peas (fresh or canned)
- 500 grams beef tortellini
- Ground black pepper
- Parsley and dill (optional)
- 1 glove garlic (chopped)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the chopped onion, diced carrots, celery and minced garlic for a few minutes until softened.
- Pour in the beef broth. Add the sliced bell peppers, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the tortellini are cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and dill, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious beef tortellini soup with peas!
This soup is also great to freeze.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Soups
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef tortellini soup