This rich and hearty creamy mushroom soup is the perfect comforting meal for a cold fall or winter day. Best of all, this is made in 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lbs champignons mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or over medium heat. Add carrots, onion to the pot and cook until onions are softened. Add celery and cook for 2 more minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skilet over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over ingredients, and stir until flour lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms to the carrots and onion mixture in the soup pot. Whisk in chicken stock. Bring the soup to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer for about 5 minute.
- Stir in sour cream diluted with a cup of the soup and stir until heated through. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley and dill.
- Serve with crusty bread!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch