A cool glass of Ginger honey lemonade is just right for a hot summer day on the deck. This is a quick, easy and refreshing recipe for all year round.
- 100 gr fresh ginger root (peeled and finely grated)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 liters water
- In a medium size pot, combine the grated ginger and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Strain the ginger mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice, honey to the pitcher. Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust sweetness by adding more honey if needed.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, pour the lemonade into glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and ginger slices if desired.
- Enjoy your refreshing homemade honey ginger lemonade!
You can add sparkling water to your glass when you are ready to serve it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger honey lemonade