This basic recipe below makes about six cups of granola. One serving is typically half of the cup.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup brown raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or coconut chips
- Measure all ingredients to have them ready and handy
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oats, nuts&, seeds and seasonings (a pinch of quality salt and a few pinches of cinnamon).
- Toast the oats, nuts and spices for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until golden-brown and fragrant.
- Turn the heat down, add maple syrup and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour the mixture onto a baking sheet. Let cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Add dry fruits, coconut flakes and gently toss until everything is well incorporated.
- Store granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Serve oat-nut mixture with some cold almond milk, coconut milk or oat milk. Add fresh fruits or frozen blueberries, raspberries, cherries.
- You also can layer it into vegan yogurt parfaits or smoothie breakfast bowl!
Store granola in airtight container or resalable plastic bag.
Also this granola recipe makes a great homemade gift.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snacks