Sprinkle a taste of Italy with Italian seasonings, turning ordinary dishes into delicious Mediterranean masterpieces!
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Gather all the dried herbs required for the Italian seasoning blend.
- If using whole herbs, crush them with a mortar and pestle or pulse briefly in a spice grinder for a consistent texture (skip this step for pre-ground herbs).
- Combine all the dried herbs (and optional crushed red pepper flakes, if using) in a mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the herbs to ensure even distribution.
- Taste a small amount of the Italian seasoning to check the flavor and adjust specific herbs' quantities if desired. Remember, the provided proportions are a guideline and can be customized to your preference.
- Once satisfied with the taste, transfer the Italian seasoning to an airtight container for storage.
- Store the Italian seasoning in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight, to retain its flavor for several months.
Remember my recipe is just a suggestion, and you can get creative by experimenting with different herbs and spices to make a custom Italian seasoning blend that perfectly complements your favorite dishes. As you make changes, taste along the way to ensure the flavors align with your preferences. Enjoy the culinary adventure!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade Italian seasoning, best Italian seasoning alternatives, Italian Seasoning Substitute, substitutions,