This easy to make Lentils mushrooms curry is a rich and hearty recipe. It is creamy, not too spicy and full of flavour and it is made entirely in one pot. It is a healthy Vegan, Oil free, Dairy free, Gluten free, Soy free and Nut free recipe.
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 cup carrot, small cubes (1large carrot)
- 2 cups sweet potato, small cubes (1 medium potatoe)
- 12 large champion mushrooms, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups green lentils
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 tbsp Better than bouillon vegetable base
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ red pepper flakes
- 6 slices jalapeno, pickled
- 2 tbsp pickled halapeno juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 l water or vegetable broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Peel and finely chop the onion, carrot, sweet potato, garlic. Chop mushrooms.
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté settings. Heat 3 tablespoon of water, add onion, carrots, sweet potatoes, garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Wash your lentils under water.
- Add water (or vegetable broth), marinara sauce, coconut milk followed by all the spices and mix well.
- Cancel sauté mode. Cover with the lead and turn the knob at the top to the "sealing" position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once done cooking, release pressure after 15 minutes using the quick release button.
- Add lemon juice and baby spinach and mix. Taste and adjust as needed salt, spice, flavors.
- Meanwhile, make the rice with 2 cups of basmati rice and 3 cups of water.
- Serve hot over the rice and garnished with lemon juice, cilantro, avocado or guacamole.
Stove Top Directions: To prepare this recipe on the stove, simply add ingredients to a large pot over medium heat and follow the same steps as the recipe on Instant Pot. Cooking time will be extended from 15 minutes to 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
Keywords: Lentils Mushrooms Curry, green curry lentils, curry lentils, indian lentils