Oven roasted beets are the perfect way to bring sweetness and color to your table.
- 8 medium size red beets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub the beets well and cut off the stems. There's no need to peel the beets at this time.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on the baking sheet. Roast the beets for 1 hour or until tender when poked with a fork or a skewer.
- Once beets are done roasting, remove the tray from oven and let the beets cool down. Unwrap each beet and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the skin from the beets using a vegetable peeler or a small knife. You can also rub the skins off really easily using a paper towel.
- Roasted beets can be easily sliced, diced or grated.
- Season them with a simple dash of salt and drizzle of oil and vinegar.
- Choose beets that are heavy for their size with green tops still attached. Select small to medium sized beets that are round and firm.
- Use food prep gloves to protect your hands from stain when peeling and slicing. Red beats have a pretty intense color and the have the tendency to stain your skin and fingernails.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Salads
Keywords: Roasted beets