Stuffed peppers in tomato juice are very popular in Europe and is a great dish to make during the summer with fresh yellow peppers.
- Wash peppers, cut off tops and remove seeds.
- In a frying pan on a medium heat add oil, onion and stir until onion is translucent. Remove from heat, add paprika and stir.
- In a large bowl mix the meat with, rice, cooked onion, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
- Place peppers in a large pot or slow cooker in one layer. Add tomato sauce and water to cover peppers.
- Salt the liquid and taste it during cooking. Optional add 1 tsp sugar to the liquid to balance the acidity.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 1 hour in a pot or for 6 hours in a slow cooker.
- Serve hot topped with sour cream, chopped parsley and fresh bread on the side.
Stuffed peppers will freeze well.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dinner, Lunch