Lemon Vanilla Custard Cream Pie Cake is very tasty, simple, fast to make with ingredients you always have in hand.
This decadent and light cake is a perfect combination of super tender vanilla cake layer topped with silky smooth lemon vanilla custard.
The texture and flavor of both layers complement each other really well. It’s the perfect complement to your cup of coffee.
Above all this is my mother's lemon vanilla custard cream pie recipe as I remember it with a couple changes. But more importantly it also reminded me of spending time with my mom as a child in our kitchen, smelling that delicious lemon and vanilla.
What is vanilla custard cream used for:
For instance custard cream is an important component for many desserts like eclairs, profiteroles, fillings for cakes, fruit tarts and pastries.
Types of custard cream:
- Thicker custard - Crème Pâtissière
- Pouring custard - Creme Anglaise
- Light whipped cream - Creme Chantilly
- Creme patissiere mixed with chantilly, extra gelatine and flavorings- Creme Bavarois
- Creme patissiere mixed with chantilly, gelatine and any extra flavorings - Creme Diplomat
- use the best quality fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract.
- be careful when tempering the eggs with the hot milk.
- keep mixing entire time of cooking until the cream is thick.
- cover entire surface of hot custard cream with plastic wrap to prevent the skin to form on the surface.
- cool down the custard cream completely.
- cut the cake only after it cool down to room temperature.
- you can keep the cake 2-3 days in the fridge covered with plastic foil.
More favorite recipes to try:
Looking for more delicious sweet inspiration? Check out:
What is your favorite pie or cake recipe?
I appreciate the love.