Roasted beets and orange salad is a simple, flavorful, colorful, refreshing and delicious meal.
I love the combination of flavors and colors, from sweetness of roasted beets, tanginess of fresh oranges, spicy kick of arugula to creamy and rich Caesar dressing.
This salad is so easy to make and it is full of nutrients and vitamins and is guaranteed to satisfy your craving for something healthy and refreshing.
What ingredients do you need to make the roasted beets and orange salad?
This healthy salad has the perfect combination of:
- spicy arugula
- creamy Caesar dressing
- fresh curly lettuce
- sweet roasted beets
- tangy red oranges
Top tips to make the salad:
- This salad is perfect by itself, served as a healthy lunch. It also makes a great side dish for your favorite mains.
- You can roast, steam or boil the beats. Alternatively you can use store-bought pre-cooked beets to save time and effort.
- Use blood oranges for contrast.
- Use ripe and fresh ingredients preferably organic.
- Be careful because red beets stain very easily.
- You can prepare ahead the beets and slice oranges and store them in separate containers in the fridge.
- Store the salad for few hours only, ideally, it's best to consume immediately after tossing the salad. If you add the dressing too early, the greens may wilt.
Please let me know how your beets and orange salad turn out in the comments! I love hearing from you. Snap a photo and hashtag it #alexascuisine.
LOOKING FOR OTHER FABULOUS RECIPES?