This Creamy mushroom soup with fresh herbs is for all you mushroom lovers out there.
This rich and hearty creamy mushroom soup is the perfect comforting meal for a cold fall or winter day. Best of all, this is made in 30 min.
Of course autumn and winter is a great time to bring out this creamy mushroom soup recipe. This would be the perfect cozy meal for a cold night. But this creamy soup can be enjoyed any time of year.
This easy-to-make creamy mushroom soup is full flavored, hearty, versatile, comforting and healthy.
You can use many different types of mushrooms or a combination of mushrooms like Button Mushrooms, Shiitake Mushrooms, Oyster Mushrooms, Porcini Mushrooms, Portobello Mushrooms, Cremini Mushrooms or Chanterelle Mushrooms.
Shiitake mushrooms have a distinct smoky flavor; Portobello mushrooms have a richer flavor.
As a result the mushrooms boast a healthy dose of Vitamin D and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- You can make this creamy mushroom soup vegan by replacing the sour cream with silky coconut cream, the chicken broth with veggies broth and the butter with your preferred oil.
- To make it gluten free replace the white flour with gluten free flour.
- You can use many different types of mushrooms or a combination of mushrooms like Button Mushrooms, Shitaki Mushrooms, Oyster Mushrooms, Porcini Mushrooms, Portobello Mushrooms, Cremini Mushrooms or Chanterelle Mushrooms.
- You can adjust the taste with a splash of lemon juice.
- If you want to make this soup a little spicier, add a pinch of Hot Hungarian Paprika after mushrooms are cooked before you sprinkle flour.
- If the mixture seems too thick, thin it out with more chicken broth or water.
- Freeze the soup in single portions for up to 3 months.
OTHER POPULAR SOUP RECIPES TO TRY
OTHER RECIPES WITH MUSHROOMS
Did you make a recipe? Tag @ alexas.cuisine on Instagram I WANT to SEE IT!