This delicious garlic mushroom pasta recipe is so quick, easy and a total comfort food. It’s a simple dish that makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Whip this up in less than 30 min. Sometimes, the simplest of the recipes are truly the best! It’s a dish you can make with plenty leftovers.
This mushroom pasta was inspired by our findings in local grocery store Vita Sana Maccheroni. For instance I happen to love mushrooms, so I was excited to make this recipe once I got home. The rest of the ingredients – olive oil, garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese compliment the pasta and the mushrooms in such a delicious way. As a result this recipe was added to my family favorites.
Here are some tips for this Garlic mushroom pasta recipe:
- For a more earthy flavor, you can use cremini, shiitake, portobello, champignon or wild mushrooms like morel mushrooms or chanterelle.
- Keep the mushrooms dry. Don`t rinse them in water as they act like a sponge and absorb the water. Therefore brush the mushrooms with a damp towel or paper towel to remove the dirt.
- Add the mushrooms to the frying pan after the oil is heated to make sure you sauté the mushrooms not steam them. The temperature of the oil should be high enough in the pan to evaporate the water they release.
- Do not overcrowd the pan with mushrooms otherwise they will steam instead of getting brown.
- Salt mushrooms at the end of cooking because salt brings out the water from the mushrooms preventing them from browning.
- Add pasta only to boiling water and stir immediately after for few seconds to prevent pasta from sticking to each other.
- Do not rinse the pasta after cooking. Rinse only cooked gluten free pasta to prevent it from getting mushy.
- You can use your favorite pastas however penne, farfalle, fettuccine, spaghetti or even cheese or meat tortellini are perfect for this dish.
- Make this recipe glute-free but using your favourite gluten-free pasta.
For final dish:
- In addition you can also serve this dish alongside with the grilled chicken, salmon or steak!
- Instead of regular salt in this recipe, try truffle salt which is more affordable than truffles. The truffle salt gives the mushrooms flavor and an incredible taste!
- You can also add chilli flakes or Herbs de Provence witch is a spice mix. If you can’t find it pre-made at the store, try making your own mixture based on this recipe.
- Add fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino or Parmesan cheese.
- If you are vegan, feel free to replace parmesan cheese with cashew cheese.
More Easy Mushroom Recipes
I love making these roasted mushrooms in the morning near scrambled eggs. So satisfying!
Try this healthy Quinoa mushroom salad.
For a easy appetizer try this Mushroom salad with garlic and mayo.
I also love this creamy mushroom soup for lunch or enjoy for dinner!
In conclusion if you make this garlic mushroom pasta, snap a photo and hashtag it #alexascuisine. Leave a comment, rate it or PIN it.